Leila Skye Hamaoui

A website created to keep family and friends, near and far, up to date on the life and times of our little girl, Leila. Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Leila Tour 2007: Europe
England
We started our 3 1/2 week vacation in England, visiting most of Mama's relatives. It was a very busy week indeed.



We went to Bow to visit Grandpa's elder sister, Winnie. She hadn't been well and our visit really cheered her up.



With Angela and Mama's other cousin, Michael.



We spent a Saturday afternoon with Nana's side of the family. Many were away on holiday, but I had a great time getting acquainted with (L to R) Dixie, Stephen, Great Great Auntie Thelma, John, Gary, and Ann. They prepared a lovely tea and I ate way to many Gem biscuits.



With Great Great Auntie Thelma in her garden.



Ray and Great Uncle Peter
Nicola and Rachel



With Rhonda and her grandaughter Georgia in Notting Hill for lunch


This is Dada's cousin Sofia, from Sweden, who lives in Wimbledon, 3 blocks from Mama's cousin Rhonda! What a small world!



We had a lovely dinner with Valerie, Dave, Matthew, Drew, Duncan, and Gemma.
It was a quick visit, but we were happy to see them.



Gemma, Duncan, Dada, Me, Mama, and Matthew




In the maze at Hever Castle.



Angela, Mama, and me.



Sweden

Our week in Sweden was great. We spent a relaxing 4.5 days in the south, in Horby, with my great-grandparents and Farmor. Then we were off to Stockholm.


Standing at the entrance of Gamla Farmor's (Great Grandmother in Swedish) garden.



Smelling the flowers.

Playing games with Gamla Farmor.





I've discovered that I love apples, almost as much as tomatoes and raspberries. I like them so much that I would take one bite of an apple that had fallen from the tree, toss it aside, then move to the next one. All the while, saying, "Ap-ple, Ap-ple, Ap-ple" over and over again. Here I am in Great Aunt Margareta's beautiful garden, stealing her apples.




Smoochie smoochie for Farmor. I was very generous with my kisses all vacation.




Picking raspberries in Gamla Farmor's garden. I was very sneaky and if you weren't watching me, I would run to go pick and eat the berries as fast as I could!

Mama and me on the swing. Weeeeeeeee!

Petting this very friendly kitty we found rolling around this field.

In the tv room with Gamla Farmor, Gamla Farfar, Farmor, Mama, and Dada. Its our last day :(
I have had a lot of fun in Horby.

Stockholm
We spent 2 days in Sweden's capital. We took the bullet train from the south (where we were staying with my Great-Grandparents). It was a very pretty train ride......lots of green! We even passed the very first IKEA!
In Stockholm we stayed with Farmor's younger sister Gudrun and her son Max. We had a great time exploring the city and we all agreed that we would definately like to return.

Group shot with the Swedish relatives (I'm getting a little camera shy.....actually just tired of all the friggin photo taking!) From L to R: Me, Farmor, Dada, Mama, Great Aunt Gudrun, Max, Fredrik, Ann-Sophie (Farmor's cousin), and her sons, Johan, and Joel.


Running around the ferry to Vauxholm (an island in Stockholm's archipelago). The scenery was amazing, too bad it was raining most of the time.

What a surprise we got when the King (pictured here with the President of Brazil) and Queen entered through the palace as we were making our way to check out the museums there.

The Queen of Sweden!

Hello there!

Here we are in Gamla Stan (Old Town), Stockholm.

With my 2nd cousin Max. I like him a lot!
Denmark
Our time in the city of Copenhagen was short (only a little over an hour). As we missed our connector flight from Stockholm to Basel via Copenhagen due to a flight delay. Instead of wallowing in misery for 5 hours in the airport until the next flight, where Mama was dying from allergies because of the perfume shops, we took the train into the center of Copenhagen, and had ourselves a look around.

Underneath the Hans Christian Anderson statue in Copenhagen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home